Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Moving--Day One

I've never liked moving. Where ever I am is usually where I'd like to be. That's a two-edged sword. It applies to both good and bad situations. The building we're in now is inappropriate in numerous ways. Not only is the layout bad for our age of students, but there's also no gym and the roof leaks..all the time. The new facility needs work, yet it has the potential to be our home for years to come.

Having said all of that, I feel overwhelmed and a bit sad at the prospect of moving. I had to move my office first thing yesterday, including my chair, so that I felt like I had a "home" in the new place. Even though I hadn't worked very hard yesterday, I felt really tired and relaxed when I got home yesterday..kind of like the edge I'm on has been dulled a bit. It feels a lot better, even though there's still tons to do.


Old office: Note the solid blinds, the window unit, and the radiator. The blinds don't lock properly,and the A/C's electronics are fried: plug in for on, unplug for off. The radiator never shuts off in the winter. The air and heat have to run together a lot of the winter, especially in the morning. Sigh...my first office.
New office has: carpet, central heat and air, and a window with blinds that work! One piece of the building's switch gear (IT infrastructure) will be house here because the intake vent is in this office. There are built-in shelves, too!

These shots were taken Monday, and I had a hard time posting them yesterday. It is now Wednesday, and things have progressed quite a bit since then.

More in the next post.

Blessings!
Kathy