Tuesday, December 6, 2011

St. Nicholas' Day

Happy St. Nicholas' Day! Wow, there's a huge temptation. Several bags of candy on the dining room table, a holiday to excuse eating the candy. I have to stay out of that room until the candy is gone. Once I start, I won't be able to stop, and there will be no candy left for anyone else.

There's something about December 6th that keeps coming into my mind, like today will be significant somehow. I have my suspicions but won't report until later. When I came downstairs today and checked my phone, there was a text from a friend. She said that in her devotion this morning, I was heavy on her heart, and she asked God for a verse for me. The verse is Philippians 4:6-7: Do not worry about anything, but instead pray for everything. In prayer and supplication, make your needs known to God. Then the peace which passes all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." I didn't even have to look it up. What a blessing to have a friend like that.

On to the day, a day that feels heavy to me and has felt so for over a week. An odd intuition, perhaps? We'll see.