Saturday, December 3, 2011

My Beautiful Gamma

This photo was taken in March 2004, several months after I found my birth family. Here you see my birth mother and grandparents in North Carolina. The first words my Gamma said to me on the phone were, "Your birthday is March 2nd, right?" I said, "Yes, ma'am." Gamma said, "I love you, and I have always prayed for you on your birthday." It was no surprise because I knew all those 39+ years that someone had been praying for me. It was Gamma.

Four years ago, my Gamma had a massive stroke that left her paralyzed on the left side. She has been declining ever since. I took the kids to NC for a visit in 2008, and I said, "I love you, Gamma." She said, "I love you, too." Those are the last words she said to me. We went for a visit in October, and she couldn't speak or respond. Now her time has come to go to Heaven, and we are waiting and praying for her peaceful passage. Once there, we know that she will speak directly with Christ on our behalf. Gamma's kinda bossy. I'm so glad to have had my beautiful Gamma in my life these last 8 years.