Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Independence Day--Part 2

Well, I invited Mom over, and she had lunch and stayed for a few hours. It was informal, and I was in the midst of grilling 4 bone-in chicken breasts, 8 leg quarters, a pork tenderloin, and 15 boneless chicken breasts. Once the charcoal is hot, why waste the fire? We had a visit, and I hope that made her happy. I enjoyed the grilling and providing lunch for everyone. I rarely cook anymore.

Later we went to Dad's and had a great dinner. We watched the "Capital Fourth" show and the Macy's show on TV, then we went outside to watch the nearby fireworks going up.

This photo is a shot of Downtown Nashville, Riverfront Park, on the 4th. It's a big crowd and a hassle to get there, but it's a great show. Apparently Darius Rucker sang last night. We've got great music here for sure!

I start class this afternoon, 5 hours long. Ick! I hope it's interesting. More about that later.

Blessings!

Kathy